THE COMPETITION FOR 2015 IS CURRENTLY CLOSED. PLEASE GO TO OUR WINNERS' SECTION FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Does Journalism excite you? Enter to win an all expenses paid trip to attend an International Conference for Aspiring Young Journalists to be held at the Scottish Parliament Building in Edinburgh, Scotland's Historic Capital City.
- Learn from established and emerging media journalism professionals.
- Network with the best from the world of Media and Journalism.
- Report using Future NEWS real-time editorial system.
- Build up your writing and multimedia portfolio.
- Are you 18-25 and an undergraduate in any discipline or aiming for university?
- Are you fluent in spoken and written English?
- Are you aiming for a career in journalism or a graduate programme in journalism?
- Are you the holder of a valid passport for Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados, Jamaica, Bahamas, the Eastern Caribbean, Dominican Republic and Haiti?
If you are, then you are eligible to enter the competition.
Enter by writing and submitting an essay or a piece of reportage of no more than 500 words answering the question:
Why should I, from many, many applicants from around the world win a place at the Future NEWS 2015? Why does journalism need me?
- Essays should not exceed word limit by more than 5 per cent.
- Essay must be typewritten and double spaced font type Arial, size 11.
- Any quotation or copyrighted material used must be identified properly, for example use of a specific writer's format (such as MLA).
- Each entry must begin with a page containing: the official topic, number of words, writer's name, address, phone number, current educational institution and level and course of study, academic referee with contact details, email address and date of birth.
Future NEWS is delivered in association with the Scottish Government, the British Council and Reuters.
Only one submission per applicant will be accepted and late entries will not be considered by judges. Final competition entries should be submitted no later than July 19th 2015.
All successful applicants will be notified via email no later than August 14th, 2015.
All entries should be submitted by email to:
The subject of the email should state "Future NEWS Competition Entry"
Each entrant should include the following in their email:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Current educational institution and level and course of study
- Academic referee with contact details
- Home address
- Telephone number contact
- Email address