RAP (Rights Awareness Program) was founded in response to the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) 2012 Report on the Situation of Human Rights in Jamaica.
Launched on 13 October 2013 in Jamaica, RAP is funded by the European Union and jointly implemented by the British Council and RISE Life Management Services.
The RAP Mission
To increase the awareness and understanding of Human Rights, build the capacity of civil society organisations and promote a culture of human rights and democracy across the nation.
- Trained over 1300 youth in Human Rights and Advocacy
- Provided grants for youth organisations to promote HR in their communities
- Held public forums on Human Rights Issues
- Presented a capacity-building seminar for NGOs and CSO
- Developed a Guide to Rights Toolkit – booklet and videos - now available online
- Sponsored a weekly call-in radio programme on Nationwide radio – Mediation Wednesdays
- Engaged youth on social media