If you are looking to work or study in the UK, you may need to apply for a UK Visa and demonstrate that you have met the required level of English by taking a Home Office approved Secure English Language Test (SELT), such as IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training).
What are the types of IELTS for UKVI and which one should you choose?
There are two types of IELTS for UKVI test: Academic and General Training. If you are a student, check with your university or school which type of English language certification you need before booking a test. On the other hand, if you want to work or migrate to the UK, the IELTS General Training may be the most suitable for your visa application.
What is the difference between IELTS for UKVI and other IELTS tests?
The tests are the same in terms of format, content, scoring and level of difficulty. However, the Test Report Form containing your results is slightly different to show that you have taken the test at an official IELTS for UKVI test centre approved by the UK Home Office.
Take IELTS for UKVI in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Dominican Republic and Cuba
|IELTS UKVI Academic||
This test is for test takers wishing to study at undergraduate or postgraduate levels, and for those seeking professional registration in the UK.
|IELTS UKVI General Training||
This test is for test takers wishing to migrate to the UK and for those wishing to train or study below degree level.
Take IELTS for UKVI with the British Council in the Caribbean
Book your test with the British Council and you will receive:
- Free access to personalised IELTS for UKVI preparation support package 'GEL IELTS': which includes familiarisation materials, mock tests and practice resources for all four skills.
- Free access to IELTS Ready: Premium which includes 40 practice tests, exercises for each of the four skills, feedback, masterclasses and more.
- Free practice tests and preparation materials: practise IELTS with the British Council for free online with sample tests for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have multiple test locations in the Caribbean. Find official British Council IELTS test centres, all of which are conveniently located and have modern facilities.
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free: we send these free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.)
- Friendly and professional staff: our experienced staff will help you every step of the way to make sure that your IELTS journey runs smoothly.