London underground and Big Ben

Study in the UK

Do you want to study in the UK? IELTS can help you get there.

The UK is home to many of the world’s leading universities and offers international students an academic experience that is hard to beat:

  • International students will be offered a two-year work visa after graduating from a British university
  • 80% of international alumni would recommend studying in the UK
  • 69% feel that being an alumnus of a UK university has allowed them to progress more quickly in their career

All British universities and colleges accept IELTS Academic results. This means you may not need to take an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test because you may be able to submit an IELTS Academic result. Before booking your test, make sure to check which test and score you need with the university or college you are applying to.

Find out who accepts IELTS in the UK.

Post-study work visa

The UK government has announced a new two-year post-study work visa. The visa will be open to all international students who have valid UK immigration status as a student and have successfully completed a course of study in any subject at undergraduate level or above at an approved UK Higher Education Provider. The visa will allow eligible students to work, or look for work, in any career or position of their choice, for two years after completing their studies.