During this time, when English language testing activity is not available due to the Covid-19, the IELTS Indicator is the online test you can use to demonstrate your language skills.
About IELTS Indicator
The IELTS Indicator test is an official IELTS product that assesses the four basic language skills:
- Listening - Listening comprehension
- Reading - Reading comprehension
- Writing - Written expression
- Speaking - Oral expression
You will receive your results within seven days - you will be provided with the indicative results of each of the sections plus the overall indicative result. It is important to know that the IELTS Indicator is not designed as a substitute for the paper or computer based IELTS test taken at our evaluation centres
Key benefits of IELTS Indicator
Since it is an online test, you can perform it safely and easily from home.
The test is held once a week on a regular basis - simply access it from home in your browser.
Because the exam is scored by IELTS examiners, and because it uses live test questions and texts, educational institutions can be confident that it gives them a reliable picture of a candidate's abilities.
How the exam works
IELTS Indicator is an online test under real conditions, offered every week, with a predetermined start time and total duration. You will take the Listening, Reading and Writing tests in a single session, and the Speaking test will be taken separately, a few days before or after the other sections.
Who accepts IELTS Indicator
We are encouraging universities and other educational institutions to accept IELTS Indicator to measure the English language ability for applicants in these difficult times when in-person IELTS tests are not available.
Before you book, review the list of organisations who accept IELTS Indicator score. If your chosen university is not on the list, please check if they accept IELTS Indicator before booking.
IELTS Indicator is an Academic test only and has not been developed for immigration purposes.
- The fee for the IELTS Indicator test is $ 149 USD including tax. The test fee will need to be paid in US$.
- You may use your credit card to pay for the IELTS Indicator test. Before you proceed, please ensure your card is enabled for international usage. You might have to contact your bank to authorise the transaction.
- We accept VISA, Master Card, JCB, Diners International, Discover, American Express, Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- We accept both local and international issued credit and debit cards. If you have a locally issued debit card, you’ll need to contact your bank before you pay.
- You’ll need to let your bank know about the transaction before you pay as it may be seen as an international payment.
- Make sure you have enough funds to cover the test fee