This video helps you understand the IELTS Listening test format and provides you with strategies and tips to help you practice online. The Listening section is part of both the IELTS Academic and the IELTS General Training tests.
- It includes 40 questions, split into four sections. Difficulty increases as you progress.
- You can only listen to the audio once.
- The section lasts 30 minutes and an additional ten minutes to complete the answer sheet if you are taking your IELTS test on paper. If you are taking the IELTS on computer test you will not have that extra time.
- Follow the instructions carefully. For example, if the question asks for an answer of no more than three words, four or more words will be marked as incorrect.
- The correct or incorrect spelling of your answers will be taken into account.
- Answer the whole test, even if you are not sure of the answer. There is no penalty for incorrect answers.